GDPR Candidate Agreement
Arecibo Searching for Stars Ltd recognises the importance of safeguarding personal privacy when dealing with information about you. Our policy is to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 in all respects. The Act requires us to inform you what data we hold about you and the purposes for which this data might be used.
Additionally, our handling of your personal data must comply with certain data protection principles which state that your information must be:
• processed fairly and lawfully;
• obtained only for specified and lawful purposes;
• adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to our purposes;
• accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
• not kept for longer than is necessary for our purposes;
• processed in accordance with your rights (including your right of subject access);
• protected by appropriate measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction; and
• not transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area without your consent unless that country or the recipient is deemed to be ensuring an adequate level of protection.
The Act is designed to protect you from harmful or unwanted misuse of your personal information. It applies to “personal data” being any information that is biographical, and which has you as its focus or main focus and that is information that affects your privacy, personal or family life, or business or professional capacity. The Act applies where “personal data” is held electronically or in a filing system which is structured so that specific information regarding individuals is readily accessible.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
By registering with Arecibo on our website [www.arecibo-people.com] or by using any of the services set out in the website, you consent to Arecibo using the information we collect about you.
Personal Information you provide to us freely when you give us your CV or job cover letter to a job application or apply for a job Arecibo are advertising via a Third Party website.
Please be aware, some Personal Information may include information you voluntarily, but unintentionally provided to us (for example, if you express preferences regarding searches for jobs related to trade unions).
We also collect from:
• Other websites (Caterer.com)
• cookies (“Cookies”)
• publicly available information
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
• General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos
• Other sensitive information: trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethical origin, and criminal record.
• Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence that enable identification of job search (for example, post code or job role)
• Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes eg. Salary averages. Where we provide such information, we will provide this in an anonymous format and not include any Personal Information.
• Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
Arecibo process your personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. We may also use Aggregate Data to help us understand our Users as a group so that we can provide you with a better service and provide targeted advertising on our website.
TO WHOM MIGHT WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We might disclose your information to:
We may pass Personal Data to Third Parties that help us to process Personal Data, to prospective or intended employers (or third parties assisting them in the recruitment process) or customers for recruitment purposes. We may also pass Aggregate Data to social media providers like Facebook or carefully selected Third Parties to help us deliver content which is targeted to your preferences.
• Lenders, banks, landlords, future employers or other persons or organisations seeking specific information which you have consented to us releasing in writing (this could be in support of a mortgage application, for example).
• Organisations who from time to time provide the Company with electronic data processing services or other professional or management services such as financial, legal, or health organisations. This list is illustrative rather than exhaustive.
• Our parent or associated companies, or business partners or other third parties who are or become involved in the management of our business for instance because of a joint venture, merger or outsourcing.
• Any authority to which we are required by law to disclose personal data (for example, the Inland Revenue, the Health and Safety Executive, the Police etc).
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Arecibo does not envisage any circumstances in which your personal data will be transferred to countries with an inadequate level of data protection.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Certain information about you is regarded as “sensitive personal data” under the Act and is specially protected. It can only be processed under certain conditions.
Sensitive personal data includes any information about you concerning:
• your racial or ethnic origins;
• your political opinions;
• your religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature;
• your membership or otherwise of a trade union;
• your sexual life;
• your physical or mental health or condition;
• the commission or alleged commission by you of any offence; or any proceedings or sentence imposed for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you.
It will be the policy of Arecibo at all times to keep any sensitive data we hold and process to a minimum. Unless we are permitted to do otherwise under the Act we will also obtain your explicit consent before such data is processed. The Company is entitled to process sensitive personal data which is necessary for the purpose of fulfilling the duties and obligations placed upon the Company as your employer.
We may need to process information on your health from time to time in order to meet these duties and obligations. The Company will however seek your consent before any health information is sought from or released to a third party.
The Company will also process any information necessarily held on your trade union membership to comply with our duties and obligations as your employer.
The Company will ensure that adequate security measures are taken so that privacy is preserved whenever and wherever processing of sensitive personal data takes place
ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights:
• the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10); Arecibo will endeavour to respond within 40 days of receipt of your request.
• the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
• (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
UPDATING PERSONAL DATA
When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
When you create an account and log-in to your 'Account' area, it is protected by your password and may only be accessed by you. You can manage the content and information in your Account at any time, by logging in to your “Account”.
You can de-activate or delete your account at any time, make your profile anonymous or choose to not make your profile searchable. To de-activate, please go to your ‘Account’.
However, if you would like to permanently delete your account, you can send an email to Arecibo-people.com with the subject line “Permanently delete my information and account” including your name.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY PRACTICES
SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
The security of your data is extremely important to us. Access to your personal data is only provided to our staff and third parties who help us to process data and, in order to help with the recruitment process, to prospective employers or customers.
UPDATING THE POLICY
This policy may be updated from time to time to take account of changes in technology and to reflect our legal obligations towards you. Any changes will be posted on this page and, if substantial, may be promoted on the website or through e-mail notification.
HOW TO OBTAIN FURTHER INFORMATION
Arecibo Searching for Stars Limited
3 Clairmont Gardens
Glasgow, G3 7LW
registered number SC490049