- Free meals on duty
- Room rate discounts
- Great benefits including 25% discount off food and drink and spa treatments across the group
Arecibo are recruiting for a Sous Chef for our client, a luxury 4 and 5 star, privately owned hotel group. The venue is a luxury 4 star, 2 AA rosette awarded hotel with extensive leisure and spa facilities. A short drive from Glasgow City Centre and Glasgow Airport, the hotel also boasts 75 bedrooms and conference facilities for up to 500.
The client is looking for an experienced Sous Chef who wants to work in a busy environment. You will have demonstrable level rosette experience and will be driven by excellent standards and looking to gain further accolades with the venue and the brand.
As Sous Chef, you will have full responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef and be an integral member of the kitchen team.
In order to be successful in your application for this position you will be able to demonstrate the ability to manage a busy kitchen whilst focusing on both quality and quantity.
The Sous Chef is responsible for managing the costs in the kitchen, in particular those around food GP and working within manning parameters. Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy kitchen in line with current legislation will also be key.
- Deliver the product to core standard
- Ensure effective cost controls are in place
- Oversee stock take, ordering and delivery process as well as ensuring correct storage of food at all times
- Oversee H&S aspects of the kitchen including statutory record requirements, ensuring food production is within safe working practices and food safety is maintained
- Provide leadership to the team within the kitchen, ensuring the brigade are well trained, disciplined and able to consistently deliver an excellent product
- Managing the human resources aspect of the kitchen including departmental inductions, reviews, appraisals and personal development plans
If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity please apply today.