An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our client in the position of Sous Chef. Our client is a leading luxury hotel brand with a collection of hotels throughout the UK and Europe and are recognised by a wealth of awards and industry achievements.
The venue is a 4 star hotel boasting 99 bedrooms, a championship golf course, spa and leisure facilities and conference facilities for up to 240.
As Sous Chef, you will have full responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef and be an integral member of the kitchen team. In order to be successful in your application for this position you will be able to demonstrate the ability to manage a busy kitchen whilst focusing on both quality and quantity.
The Sous Chef is responsible for managing the costs in the kitchen, in particular those around food GP and working within manning parameters. Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy kitchen in line with current legislation will also be key. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate like for like 4 Star Hotel experience.
- Deliver the product to core standard
- Ensure effective cost controls are in place
- Oversee stock take, ordering and delivery process as well as ensuring correct storage of food at all times
- Oversee H&S aspects of the kitchen including statutory record requirements, ensuring food production is within safe working practices and food safety is maintained
- Provide leadership to the team within the kitchen, ensuring the brigade are well trained, disciplined and able to consistently deliver an excellent product
- Managing the human resources aspect of the kitchen including departmental inductions, reviews, appraisals and personal development plans
In return my client are offering an attractive remuneration package as well as the chance to join this forward thinking organisation with a focus on staff development and career progression. If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity please apply today.