Arecibo are delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Sous Chef for our client, a luxury 4 star hotel located in Inverness-shire with over 40 bedrooms and a rosette awarded restaurant.
As an experienced Sous Chef you will have demonstrable rosette experience in a fast paced environment and proven management experience in a busy kitchen. You will be driven by excellent standards and looking to gain further accolades with the venue and the brand..
As Sous Chef you will be responsible for managing the costs in the kitchen, in particular those around food GP and working within manning parameters. Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy kitchen in line with current legislation will also be key.
- Deliver the product to core standard
- Ensure effective cost controls are in place
- Oversee stock take, ordering and delivery process as well as ensuring correct storage of food at all times
- Oversee H&S aspects of the kitchen including statutory record requirements, ensuring food production is within safe working practices and food safety is maintained
- Provide leadership to the team within the kitchen, ensuring the brigade are well trained, disciplined and able to consistently deliver an excellent product
- Managing the human resources aspect of the kitchen including departmental inductions, reviews, appraisals and personal development plans
In return my client are offering a very competitive salary as well as the chance to join this forward thinking organisation with a focus on staff development and career progression. If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity please apply today.