Arecibo is recruiting for a Head Chef for their client, a 4 star hotel based in Chester..
This is an ideal role for a Sous Chef looking for their first Head Chef role. You will be to demonstrate a passion for quality and ambition to drive the standards and quality to the next level.
The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the kitchen and will report directly to the General Manager.
You will be responsible for managing costs in the kitchen, in particular those around food GP and working within manning parameters. Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy kitchen in line with current legislation will also be key.
Head Chef Requirements
- Industry relevant qualifications
- Intermediate Food Handler preferred
- Immaculate presentation standards in all that you do
- Good communication skills with guests and colleagues at all levels
- Passion to exceed guest expectation first time, on time, every time
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
- Oversee stock take, ordering and delivery process as well as ensuring correct storage of food at all times
- Oversee H&S aspects of the kitchen including statutory record requirements, ensuring food production is within safe working practices and food safety is maintained
- Provide leadership to the team within the kitchen, ensuring the brigade are well trained, disciplined and able to deliver an excellent product day in day out.
- Managing the human resource aspect of the kitchen including Departmental Inductions, Reviews, Appraisals, Personal Development plans and Job chats
In return my client is offering a great opportunity to work with a progressive company offering a competitive remuneration package. If you would like to know more about the role, please apply today.